Contrary to what many people believe, home improvement doesn’t have to involve extensive overhauls or big budgets. A home improvement fix can be anything for as long as it solves a problem and, therefore, make living in your home much easier and convenient. If you’re looking to give your home a quick fix but only have a weekend to do so, we’ve got you covered. Below are some handy tricks that makes use of everyday objects that will surely simply your life at home.
- Hang a tennis ball from your garage ceiling to tell you exactly where to park. This way, you will never hit the wall when you come in to park your car. There are actually electronic versions with this purpose, but the simple tennis ball should be enough to get the job done.
- We all love our furry pets, but sometimes they make cleaning much harder for you with all their fur. When bathing your dog, clip a mesh scrubbing pad to your shower or bath tub drain plate. This will allow water to flow through while collecting fur.
- Many people have that can or drawer filled with a mix of nails, screws, connectors and fasteners that do come in handy when needed; it’s just a pain to look for that particular thing that you needed. Transfer them in a re-sealable bag so you can immediately find what you’re looking for without dumping everything out on the table.
- If you have those price tags, bumper stickers and labels that you want to take off but can’t, let a hair dryer help you. Heat will soften the adhesive, making it easy to remove them without leaving that annoying sticky residue behind.
- Almost all the time, it’s easy for you to fit a caulk nozzle into those tight spots. And when it isn’t, get the wires out of a piece of cable, slip the sheathing over the end of the caulk nozzle, and caulk away. A hollow cable works well as a bendable extension.
Improving your home doesn’t have to be so hard. Follow the tips above over the weekend and you will have a house that you can better appreciate. And when you do get the time, you can move on to working on the more complicated aspects of your space. If you need more tips, contact a reputable home improvement company in your area now.